Ms. Cooksey joined the firm in June 2005. She has been a partner in the firm since 2011, and specializes in representation of law enforcement officers in the area of California workers compensation law. For over a decade, she has successfully litigated on behalf of safety members and their families.
Ms. Cooksey received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Arizona in 2000, and received her Juris Doctor from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2003. While in law school, she completed a summer study abroad program in International Law, in London, England. Before joining the firm, she also interned as a Legislative Analyst for the Arizona State House of Representatives, under State Representative Barbara Leff. Ms. Cooksey is a member of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association, and currently holds a position on that association's Women's Caucus.
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation 100%
- California, 2004
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2003
- University Of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.A. - 2000
- Fight Like a Girl: The continuing Battle to End Gender Bias in Worker's Compensation, LA Women Police Officers and Associates, 2016
- Deciphering The Worker's Compensation, LA Women Police Officers and Associates, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Applicants Attorney Association, Member, 2009 to Present
- CAAA's Women's Caucus, Committee Member, 2018 to Present