Robert J. Sherwin
- Senior Partner
- Workers' Compensation 100%
He joined the firm in 1984 and became a senior partner in 1992. He is on the Board of Directors for the California Applicants' Attorneys Association and serves on its Labor and Safety committees. He is also a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is certified by the State Bar as a specialist in workers' compensation. He is a regular contributing editor to various employee organization magazines, including California State Firefighters Magazine, the Los Angeles City Grapevine and The Blue Line for the Los Angeles Police Protective League.
He has also lectured extensively on workers' compensation issues for the California Applicant's Attorneys Association and various employee associations. Mr. Sherwin is also one of the leading experts in California in cases against the Subsequent Injuries Benefit Trust Fund.
Mr. Sherwin has argued successfully numerous cases on behalf of injured workers and organizations before the California Court of Appeal and his decisions have achieved publication status allowing the cases to be cited as precedent on similar issues. These cases include Parrish v.
County of Ventura, Travis v. City of Los Angeles, Jackson v. State of California, and Peterson v. City of Sand Canyon.
Mr. Sherwin is an avid baseball fan and player and still competes in men's adult baseball. He has won 30 world series championships at the Men's Adult Baseball World Series in Phoenix, Arizona and the Roy Hobbs World Series in Ft. Myers, Florida. When not advocating for injured workers, you can find Mr. Sherwin on the baseball field.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1974
- Honors: Dean's List
- California State University at Northridge
- B.A. - 1970
- Honors: Dean's List
- California, 1974
- Miscellaneous Articles published, LA firefighter
- Articles on Workers Compensation, California State Firefighters Assoc
Classes & Seminars
- California State Firefighters Assoc., 1994 to 2016
- LA Police Protective League, 1992 to 2017
- California Applicants Attorney Association, 2009 to 2018
- Los Angeles Police Protective League
- United Fire Fighters For City of LA
- Professional Peace Offices of LA County
- LA County Fire Fighters
- California Sate Firefighters Association
- Derek Straatsma
- Alan Snitzer
- Larry Fields
- Karl Moody
- Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, Deputy City Attorney, 1974 to 1984
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Theta
- California Applicant's Attorney Association, Director, 1992 to Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1986 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Workers' Compensation, State Bar of California, 1986