Diana S. Diskin is a California native, raised in Downey and Rancho Cucamonga. She earned her B.A. from Scripps College in Claremont, her Ph.D. from the University of Southern California, and her J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law.
During her first several years of practice, Diana worked as a defense attorney representing hospitals and doctors. She then moved to the plaintiffs’ bar, working as the senior associate of a boutique trial firm. Specializing in complex and catastrophic personal injury matters, Diana helped to secure over $200,000,000 in verdicts and settlements. Most recently, she co-tried McPhoy v. Ramirez, a motor vehicle case that resulted in a verdict of over $11,000,000.
In 2020, Diana joined Lewis, Marenstein, Wicke, Sherwin & Lee, LLP, as a personal injury trial attorney, following successful collaborations with LMWSL on multiple cases.
Diana is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, has been named a Rising Star (2013-2017) and SuperLawyer (2019-2021), and is a member of the Million-Dollar and Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum.
In her spare time, Diana writes articles, gives seminars and lectures, and mentors young attorneys. She also loves spending time with her sock-stealing dog, Barnaby Jones.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Rideshare Crashes
- Product Defect
- Premises Liability
- Sexual Assault
- Elder Abuse
- Birth Injury
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 2007
- Scripps College
- Bachelor of Arts - 1998
- University of Southern California
- Doctor of Philosophy - 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Association for Justice
- Super Lawyer: 2019-2021
- Superlawyers’ Rising Star: 2013-2017
- Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum
- Paul Wildman Scholarship
- USC Wall of Scholars
- Fulbright Scholar
- “Intentional Torts and Rideshare Litigation,” Webinar, CAALA, September 2020
- “What You Should Be Doing to Properly Prepare Your Cases – Rideshare Litigation,” Webinar, New Jersey Association for Justice Annual Convention, August 2020
- “Establishing Vicarious Liability,” Webinar, CAALA, July 2020
- “Preparing Your Witnesses for Trial,” The Advocate, January 2020
- “Expert Discovery: Beginning to End,” Lecture, CAALA New Lawyers Forum, July 2019
- “Battleground Berlin,” Aspekte des modernen Musiktheaters in der Weimarer Republik, 2004
- “The Early History of Kurt Weill’s Die Buergschaft, 1930-1933,” Ph.D. Diss., 2004